|3 Months Ended|
Sep. 30, 2016
Note 8. Stockholders’ Equity
The Company recorded stock–based compensation expense for the shares issued to consultants that have vested, which is a component of general and administrative expenses in the Consolidated Statement of Operations as follows:
As of September 30, 2016 and June 30, 2016, the Company had 15,828,981 and 15,375,981 common shares issued and outstanding, respectively.
Stock incentive plan
The following is a summary of the option activity:
As of September 30, 2016, the total intrinsic value of options outstanding and exercisable was $444,800 and $111,200, respectively. As of September 30, 2016, the Company has $73,692 in unrecognized stock-based compensation expense attributable to the outstanding options which will be amortized over a period of 2.64 years.
For the three months ended September 30, 2016 and 2015, the Company recorded $7,040 and $7,040, respectively, in stock-based compensation related to stock options, which is reflected in the condensed consolidated statements of operations.
Issuance of restricted shares – employees and consultants
Restricted stock awards are considered outstanding at the time of execution by the Company and the recipient of a restricted stock agreement, as the stock award holders are entitled to dividend and voting rights. As of September 30, 2016, the number of shares granted for which the restrictions have not lapsed was 1,307,836 shares.
The Company recognizes the compensation expense for all share-based compensation granted based on the grant date fair value. The grant date fair value of the award is recorded as share–based compensation expense over the respective restriction period. Any portion of the grant awarded to consultants as to which the repurchase option has not lapsed is accrued on the Balance Sheet as a component of accounts payable and accrued expenses. As of September 30, 2016 and June 30, 2016, the accrued stock-based compensation was $183,513 and $179,079, respectively. The Company has the right to repurchase some or all of such shares upon termination of the individual’s service with the Company, whether voluntary or involuntary, for 60 months from the date of termination (“repurchase option”). The shares as to which the repurchase option has not lapsed are subject to forfeiture upon termination of consulting and employment agreements.
In September 2015, the Company amended the original restricted stock agreement for certain award recipients. According to the amendment, 75% of the shares as to which the repurchase option had not lapsed as of September 30, 2015 shall be released from the repurchase option on the third anniversary of the original effective date of the agreement. The remaining 25% of the shares shall be released from the repurchase option on the fourth anniversary of the original effective date.
The following is a summary of restricted shares:
In relation to the above restricted stock agreements for the three months ended September 30, 2016 and 2015, the Company recorded stock–based compensation expense for the shares that have vested of $697,180 and $58,685, respectively.
As of September 30, 2016, the Company had $3,553,091 in unrecognized stock based compensation expense related to the unvested shares.
The entire disclosure for accounts comprising shareholders' equity, comprised of portions attributable to the parent entity and noncontrolling interest, including other comprehensive income, and compensation-related costs for equity-based compensation. Includes, but is not limited to, disclosure of policies, compensation plan details, equity-based arrangements to obtain goods and services, deferred compensation arrangements, and employee stock purchase plan details.
No definition available.